Many travelers are using travel agencies in Utah to plan trips in the American Southwest. Because the state of Utah is a southwestern state it would make sense that the travel agencies located there would have more intimate knowledge of the various attractions there are to visit. Just in the states making up “four corners” (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) alone there are many breathtaking sights to be seen.
USE TRAVEL AGENCIES IN UTAH TO PLAN YOUR FOUR CORNERS ROAD TRIP
When you use a travel agency to plan your four corners road trip you will need to create an itinerary. The following are a list of places to visit in each of the four states:
TEN PLACES TO VISIT IN UTAH
- Arches National Park
- Zion National Park
- Monument Valley
- The Great Salt Lake
- Canyonlands National Park
- Grand Staircase – Escalante National Monument
- Homestead Crater
- Bear Lake
- Capitol Reef National Park
- Bryce Canyon National Park
TEN PLACES TO VISIT IN COLORADO
- Rocky Mountain National Park
- Mesa Verde National Park
- Garden of the Gods
- The City of Vail
- Pikes Peak / Pike National Forest
- Durango / Silverton Narrow Gage Railway
- San Juan Scenic Byway and the Million Dollar Highway
- Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park
- Maroon Bells – Snowmass Wilderness
- Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve
PLACES TO VISIT IN ARIZONA
- The Grand Canyon
- Sedona Arizona
- Beaver Falls in Havasu Creek
- Saguaro National Park
- Goldfield Ghost Town / Apache Junction
- Jerome Arizona Ghost Town
- Hoover Dam
- Hunts Mesa / Monument Valley
- Lake Mead National Recreational Area
- London Bridge / Lake Havasu
PLACES TO VISIT IN NEW MEXICO
- Santa Fe New Mexico
- Taos New Mexico
- Albuquerque New Mexico
- Roswell New Mexico
- White Sands National Monument
- Carlsbad Cavern
- Las Vegas New Mexico (Not Nevada)
- Los Alamos New Mexico
- Alamogordo Historic Rail Road Town
- Valles Caldera National Preserve
Many people are using Utah travel agencies to plan their next hiking excursion. A travel agency is a very helpful resource because travel agents know the best places to go and the pitfalls to avoid when planning any type of trip. Of course, a travel agent might not have personal knowledge of the best hiking trails, however, he or she will have the tools and the know how that will enable them to answer any questions you might have. Moreover a well qualified travel agent will also be able to anticipate travel related problems that the average traveler might not consider.
UTAH TRAVEL AGENCIES AVOID COMMON PITFALLS
There are many pitfalls that can swallow a naive traveler up. One common pitfall is to make a reservation with a hotel that is not as reputable as their advertisement might imply. For example a traveler might book a room with a hotel only to find out that the room is dirty, the bed is uncomfortable or the hotel itself is located in a dangerous area. A traveler who finds himself in this situation might come to regret the decision to save money and not use a travel agent to book his trip.
For this reason it only makes sense to use a travel agent to help you plan out your next trip. This is true regardless of whether your trip involves hiking or some other outdoor activity. The simple truth of the matter is that travel agents save a significant amount of time, effort and worry on the part of the traveler. They may even save the traveler money if they are able to find a better deal on a hotel than the traveler is able to find. Heck, the travel agent just might end up paying for themselves. Wouldn’t that be a pitfall to avoid!
The Let’s Hike Blog editorial board would like to take this unique opportunity to encourage its vast and loyal readership to visit a massage therapist Murray after your next hike. We all know how sore your leg muscles and your body in general can be after a long and vigorous hike. This is especially true when hiking up and down a mountain because this employs muscle groups that are not normally used in every day life (unless you live in San Francisco). Getting a massage after a hike is a great method to loosen muscles that were made tight through hiking.
RELAX WITH A MASSAGE THERAPIST MURRAY
Not only are massages effective for loosening tight muscles but massages are also effective for over all relaxation in general. After a massage most people report feeling very relaxed for hours and days afterwards. There is something about letting down your defenses and allowing yourself to be vulnerable to the touch of the masseuse. When a person allows himself to be vulnerable and then emerges on the other side unscathed he develops a trust in the world. This trust allows him to let his guard down and to abide in a relaxed state during the course of his every day life.
Stress is a toxic factor of modern life. Stress can lead to disease and other health problems. As such, anything that a person can do to reduce stress levels will have a net positive effect on a person’s life. This is not only true vis a vis physical health. This is also true for mental health as well. Actually, physical health and mental health are intimately related and both depend upon and impact the other on a continuous basis. For this reason improving the one will also improve the other. By contrast, weakening or damaging the one will weaken or damage the other as well.
Many hikers and people who enjoy the outdoors are interested in owning a firearm for hunting and self protection. Among this population exists a subset that is interested in obtaining a Texas license to carry. Hiking often affords the possibility of hunting (when in season and in an area where hunting is legally permitted). Moreover, sometimes a hiker might have occasion to use a firearm for self protection when on a hike and away from areas where law enforcement can easily police.
It is a fairly straight forward process for a hiker to obtain a Texas license to carry from the Texas State Department of Public Safety. According to the State of Texas Government Code Chapter 411, Subchapter H all applicants for a license to carry a firearm must meet the following criteria for eligibility:
- All applicants must be at least twenty-one years old. There is an exception for active duty military.
- All applicants must comply with all Federal requirements to buy a firearm (See Federal statute 18 USC 44 §922).
- No applicant may have a felony conviction.
- No applicant may have certain misdemeanor conviction resulting in probation or adjudication that has been deferred.
- No applicant may have certain pending criminal charges (see Texas state statute GC §411.172).
- No applicant may have a dependency on alcohol or narcotics
- No applicant may be diagnosed with certain psychiatric or psychological illnesses (see Texas state statute GC §411.172).
- No applicant my have an outstanding protective order or restraining order issued against them.
All applicants for a license to carry a firearm in the State of Texas in addition to the above eight requirements must then complete the following additional steps:
- All applicants must submit a complete application.
- All applicants must pay all required fees.
- All applicants must complete the required training courses.
- All applicants must submit all required supplemental forms.