Are you looking to build a hoist? Have your anytime tried taking off from your Jeep Wrangler a 150 lbs hardtop without a Jeep top hoist? If yes, then you know what the benefits of having a jeep top hoist are.
Jeepers featuring on their rig a hardtop certainly enjoys the best of worlds. A closed rig in the winter and an open-air vehicle allows enjoying summer light. However, people are unaware of how to install, store, and remove the jeep hardtop.
A Jeep hardtop weighs 150 lbs approximately and is huge and bulky in size. The tops of the jeep can be removed and replaced. Removing them is difficult even if you pack 200 lbs muscle and if you are 6 feet tall. If you are 110 pounds and petite, just forget removing or replacing a hardtop.
Good points on having a jeep top hoist
- A jeep top hoist is really handy. It helps in removing the hardtop from your rig in a few minutes and the added advantage is this is done with very little effort. It also resolves your storage issues.
- Most jeepers lacking proper storage space in the garage to keep their hardtops have to place the hardtops on wooden dollies.
- If you are fortunate and have low roofed garages, it can be stored.
- People with a closed garage may find the Hoist as the best investment. This Hoist can be in the garage attached to the ceiling such that it can be removed from your rig later. Leave the hardtop hanging.
- Having a jeep hoist allows you to enjoy the breeze passing and the warmth of the sun.
Attaching and removing the hardtop on a jeep is not easy and removing it without assistance is impossible. In fact, human assistance is not enough, as you may experience a strain on removing the top.
Role of good hoists
Having a jeep top hoist means you can remove or install the top by yourself. Moreover, Hoist offers a place to store the top. As there is heavy lifting, compromising security is impossible. However, with a jeep hoist removing and securing the hardtop is easy. The mechanism is simple science; it uses the pulley system that allows multiplying the force exerted by you to lift the top. The Hoist helps to reinstall the top without damaging or scratching.
Good hoists provide plenty of benefits. It makes a one-man job easy. It keeps the ease even to reinstalling. It works as storage, saving garage space, and protects from the damage to the hardtop.
There is a range of hoists and each one is special in a new way. Some top hoist models carry weight better than others, while some are easy to install. Some hoists need manual labour to use a motor so that the hardtop is lifted and some are automated models that are Android/iOS devices. You may consider diversity and versatile features before buying one. A jeep top hoist can also be controlled with a single rope., it is easy to set up using the instruction manual.